Reindeer jewelry is a favorite to be worn during the holidays. It is great for santa themed-gifts or simply spreading Christmas cheer.
Reindeer Jewelry through Amazon
Other Holiday Jewelry:
Search for: Reindeer Jewelry
Deer Jewelry Moose Jewelry
Sweet Reindeer Sayings, Quotes and Facts
Add an extra touch to your gift with sayings and reindeer facts:
- You are brighter than Rudulph!
- Thanks for being such a wonderful dear.
- Looks like rain dear.
- I'm grateful you rein me in, dear.
- You are better than Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.
- Thanks for lighting my way.
- I car-i-bout you!
- "Never judge a reindeer from close by if you got it from a rich man. You may find that some of the antlers are missing." - Finnish Proverb
- The names of santas eight reindeer are: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. Rudolph was added later.
- The reindeer is also known as the caribou.
- Reindeer have a four-compartment stomach. They eat mostly vegetation, but in winter they have been known to eat small animals such as lemmings.
- Reindeer hooves adapt to the season: in the summer they are sponge-like and in winter they harden to become actual hoofs.
- During migration reindeer travel the furthest of any terrestrial mammal on earth.
- Reindeer antlers are powdered and sold as aphrodisiacs, nutritional or medicinal supplements in Asian markets.
- The name caribou comes from the Mi'kmaq language word qalipu, meaning "snow shoveler" because of its habit of pawing through the snow for food.
- Reindeer tendons and sinews where - and still are - used for sewing by the Sami people.
- The reindeer is the only species of deer in which the female grows antlers as well.
- A day-old reindeer calf can outrun a man.
- Male reindeer have inflatable pouches of skin under their throats. This amplifies the roar during the rutting season.
Which animals are always wet?