Iris jewelry lightens up ones day. As it's name comes from the Greek word for rainbow for their many colors, perhaps a rainbow of love will shower on you when you wear this beautiful jewelry.
Iris Flower Jewelry:
Iris Jewelry and Fleur-de-lis Jewelry through Amazon Jewelry
A fleur-de-lis was created after a white iris. This is a stylized version of this beautiful flower.
Flower Jewelry Rose Jewelry Tulip Jewelry
- You are the iris of my eye.
- You are the center of my universe and the rainbow of my heart.
- You are as exotic and rare as the hardest to find iris.
- Say it with flowers. Sing it with irises.
- "Thou art the Iris, fair among the fairest / Who, armed with golden rod / And winged with the celestial azure, bearest / The message of some God." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "In the Spring a livelier iris changes on the burnish'd dove; In the Spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love." - Lord Alfred Tennyson
- The name "iris" comes from the Greek word for "rainbow" because of its exceptional colours.
- In Greek mythology, Iris is a goddess and the Messenger of Love.
- The exotic herb saffron is a species of Iris.
- Some gin brands add iris flowers for flavor and color.
- The scent of an iris is similar to that of a violet.
- The artist Vincent van Gogh painted several famous pictures of irises.
- An ancient belief is that the iris served as a warning to be heeded.
- The fleur-de-lis is a stylized picture of an iris. It is used in various emblems such the Quebec flag, the logo of the professional football team the New Orleans Saints and in the coat-of-arms of Florence (Italy).
- Irises are found in deserts and in swamps, in hot and cold climates.
- In North America, a common name for irises is flags.
- Even an iris will grow in a pile of manure.
Orchid Jewelry Pansy Jewelry Rose Jewelry
Colors of An Iris
You delight me with your song
A beauty to behold
I long to be around you
And let our love unfold