Topaz is found in Beaver, Juab and Tooele counties of Utah.
State Gemstone: Topaz
Useful Books & Bibliography:
- Rockhounding Utah - by William A. Kappele, W. R. C. Shedenhelm (Editor)
This book gives us "just the facts" that rockhounds need to know to find their way to the best collecting sites in the Beehive State and what mineral samples, rocks, and formations are to be found there. Readers can glean new insights into the obsidian of the Black Rock sites, jasper at Hell's Backbone, petrified wood at Bullfrog Turnoff, and fossils of sea lilies along the Wasatch Range.
- Roadside Geology of Utah (Roadside Geology Series) - by Halka Chronic
Utah geology. There are no better books for roadside geologizing than the Roadside Geology series.
- Gem Identification Made Easy: A Hands-On Guide to More Confident Buying & Selling New 3rd Edition - by Antoinette L. Matlins & Antonio C. Bonanno
This book is really great for knowing he latest gems, synthetics, treatments, and instruments. Easy to use.
- Gemstone Buying Guide: A Guide to Buying - by Renee Newman
Very nice gemstone identification book.
- Simon and Schuster's Guide to Gems and Precious Stones - by C. Ciprianai, Kennie Lyman (Editor), Alessando Borelli
This book is one inch thick and every facing page has a full colored photo of gems or precious stones. Hardness, weights, cuts, refractions, and value of color are given for each gem.
Thanks to Amazon.com for fast, efficient, and reliable book processing